HUMACIDE
m***@gmail.com
2017-07-25 10:43:33 UTC
Lets see- There were Medes, Persians, Ionians, Sumerians, Carthaginians,
Romans, Goths, Gauls, Cathars, Zoroastrians, Mayans, Oltecs, Toltecs,
Assyrians, Athenians, Venetians, Egyptians upper and lower and joined as
one, Yugoslavs, Austro-Hungarians, Ottomans, ancient Grecians,
Maccabeans, Sabines, Concubines and Lutherines.
Most of the above went to some form of Genocide. Is this a hobby?
Perhaps its Darwinian sort of like letting forests burn out or trees be
cut.
No, it's a compulsive disorder. I call it compulsive overgoverning.
Like all the other compulsive disorders, the problem is selfishness,
self-centeredness, "self-will run riot." The symptoms of the
disease, be it drinking, sex, gambling, drugging, overeating,
overspending, or overgoverning, are beside the point. Self-will
must be replaced with God's will for recovery to occur.
Dear David, it has been 20 years since your post. Are you still on the same opinion are have you given up? I agree with you completely that it's God's Will and not ours. There can never be the will of the creation without the consent of the Creator. Not for a split second are we in control of the outcome of what is to happen to us. We make choices now but the effect of that lies with Mercy or Punishment of our Lord.
I notice that if Arthur was to compile another list today, it might have in it Hamas, Hesbollah, AlQaida, Shabaab, ISIS, Hisb Tahrir, Saudi Arabia, etc. How times have changed (Cold War - Soviet vs. U.S to Anti-Islam War - West vs. Islam)

Mohamed
d***@agent.com
2018-05-21 23:36:31 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
The primary cause of conflict is an undisciplined craving for more,
a selfishness gone wild, the same condition that afflicts alcoholics
and addicts of all types. The recovery literature says that the
solution is submission to a Higher Power in a lifelong process of
ego deflation. The principle of unselfishness is mentioned in every
sermon, in every house of worship, every day that religious services
are held, but that still is not enough to reach all areas of society.
If we stopped making flu shots, we would address this issue in a
believable way, because it would be an unselfish act to shorten
life spans. It would also address the overpopulaton issue and
environmental problems, at the same time.
d***@agent.com