Are revisionists serious?
Zulu
2011-06-27 10:37:38 UTC
Dunno, but some are quoted on serious work.
Concerning the count down of the number of victims at Lublin (Majdanek)

There is something remarkable about the counts of victims at that camp. Works of revisionists are mentioned
on "serious publications". For instance, on Yad Vashem studies, vol 1 Part 1, p 102

We can read:

The Lublin concentration camp was not a subject of interest for Western historians for a long time. As a
result, we cannot cite any research that deals analytically with the issue of the number of victims. at
most, we can find mention of the number of victims among Jews: 50,000 in Raul Hilberg; 50,000 to 60,000 in
Wolfgang Scheffler; from 120,000 to 200,000 in Aharon Weiss; and 1,380,000 in Lucy Dawidowicz.[58]
Within the context of numerical findings concerning the Majdanek camp, a revisionist book should also be
mentioned. Its authors deal at length with the issue of deportation and mortality. They negate gassing and
mass shootings of prisoners, but they do admit that the mortality was high at the camp due to the living
conditions and typhoid epidemic. Based on an analysis of surviving death books, they determined that a total
of 42,000 prisoners died at Majdanek. [59]

______
57.
58.
59. Jürgen Graf, Carl Mattogno, KL Majdanek. Eine historsche und technische Studie (Hastins: Castle Hill
Publisher, 1998) .pp 71-79

http://books.google.es/books?id=JcDXaeukt4sC&pg=PA102

From 1,380,000 to 42,000 is the usual countdown figure we observe on the counts corresponding to the
victims of the holocaust. We must remember that at Nuremberg, the "official number" of victims was 1,500,000!

Few quotes of that camp on the IMT proceedings (search Majdanek or Maidanek)

<>

Such murders and ill-treatments included:

(a) Murders and ill-treatments at concentration camps and similar establishments set up by the Germans in
the Eastern Countries and in Eastern Germany including those set up at Maidanek and Auschwitz.

The said murders and ill-treatments were carried out by divers means including all those set out above, as
follows:
About 1,500,000 persons were exterminated in Maidanek and about 4,000,000 persons were exterminated in
Auschwitz, among whom were citizens of Poland, the U.S.S.R., the United States of America, Great Britain,
Czechoslovakia, France, and other countries.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/count3.asp

.../
About 1 1/2 million persons were exterminated in Maidanek and about 4 million persons were exterminated in
Auschwitz, among whom were citizens of Poland, the U.S.S.R., the United States of America, Great Britain,
Czechoslovakia, :France, and other countries.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/11-20-45.asp

.../

Nor was that the only or the greatest crime. In all our countries when perhaps in the heat of passion or for
other motives which impair restraint some individual is killed, the murder becomes a sensation, our
compassion is aroused, nor do we rest until the criminal is punished and the rule of law is vindicated.
Shall we do less when not one but on the lowest computation 12 million men, women, and children, are done to
death? Not in battle, not in passion, but in the cold, calculated, deliberate attempt to destroy nations and
races, to disintegrate the traditions, the institutions, and the very existence of free and ancient states.
Twelve million murders' Two-thirds of the Jews in Europe exterminated, more than 6 million of them on the
killers' own figures. Murder conducted like some mass production industry in the gas chambers and the ovens
of Auschwitz, Dachau, Treblinka, Buchenwald, Mauthausen, Maidanek, and Oranienburg.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/07-26-46.asp

.../
L-31 Communiqué of the Polish-Soviet Extraordinary Commission for Investigating the Crimes committed by the
Germans in the Majdanek Extermination Camp in Lublin...... VII 772
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/chap16_part06.asp

.../

The extermination of the Jews was not limited to the Einsatzgruppen. Indeed, the slaughter in the charnel
houses of Auschwitz, Treblinka, Majdanek, Belsec, and Sobibor was on a vaster scale. These extermination
camps were all located in Poland.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/open4.asp

.../
The letters 'A' or 'M' on the escorting instruction documents indicated Auschwitz or Majdanek; it meant that
the passengers were to be gassed.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/chap_11.asp
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/12-13-45.asp

.../
PROSOROVSKI: In the course of the great War, I was often medico-legal expert during the exhumation and the
examination of corpses of victims who were shot by the Germans. These executions occurred in the town of
Krasnodar and its neighborhood, in the town of Kharkov and its neighborhood, in the town of Smolensk and its
neighborhood, in the so-called extermination camp of Maidanek, near Lublin, so that all told more than 5,000
corpses were exhumed and examined with my personal co-operation.

MR. COUNSELLOR SMIRNOV: Considering your experience and your objective observations, to what conclusions did
you arrive as to the date of the death and the burial of the victims of Katyn?

PROSOROVSKI: What I have just said applies to me as well as to many of my colleagues who participated in
this work. The commission came to the unanimous conclusion that the burial of the Polish officers in the
Katyn graves was carried out about 2 years before, if you count from January, the month of January 1944-that
is to say that the date was autumn 1941.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/07-02-46.asp

.../
I submit to the International Military Tribunal Exhibit Number USSR-29 (Document Number USSR-29). It is a
communiqué of the Polish-Soviet Extraordinary State Commission for the investigation of the crimes
perpetrated by the Germans in the extermination camp of Maidanek in the city of Lublin. The Tribunal will
find this communiqué on Page 63 of the document book. I quote Section 3 of this document, "Tortures and
Murder in the Extermination Camp"-Page 64 reverse side of the document book, beginning with the last
paragraph of the first column of the text:

"The forms of torture were extremely varied. Some of them were in the nature of so-called jokes which
frequently ended in death. They included mock-shooting when the victim was rendered insensible by a blow
over the head with a blunt instrument, and mock drownings in the pond of the camp which often ended in
actual drowning.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/02-14-46.asp

.../
The names have already been mentioned here of the camps of Maidanek and Auschwitz with their gas-chambers,
in which over 5,500,000 completely innocent people, citizens of Poland, Czechoslovakia, U.S.S.R., U.S.A.,
Great Britain, France, and other democratic countries were killed.
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/02-08-46.asp

Is it a modern trend that scholars tend to approach their numbers towards those claimed by revisionists
since long time ago?

Moreover, one can remarks on a Yad Vashem official publication:

1- "Lublin concentration camp". That's a bit different form usual "Lublin death camp" ofr "Majdanek death
camp" despite Wiki shows a little reluctance to admit completely that version

"Although Majdanek also occasionally functioned as a killing center for Jews, this was initially not as
systematic as in the three specifically Operation Reinhard camps: Of the more than 2,000,000 Jews killed in
the course of Operation Reinhard,[5] 59,000 (of 78,000 altogether)[1][6] were killed in Majdanek."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majdanek_concentration_camp

2- "a revisionist book should also be mentioned." . Not "negationist book" anymore? Are the things changing
that much?

Qui vivra, verra.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is revolutionary act.
George Orwell
Zulu
2011-06-27 10:48:44 UTC
Post by Zulu
[...]
From 1,380,000 to 42,000 is the usual countdown figure we observe on the counts corresponding to the
[...]
The revisionist book quoted is available freely on line

Concentration Camp Majdanek - A Historical and Technical Study - Graf, Juergen & Mattogno, Carlo

http://www.archive.org/details/ConcentrationCampMajdanek-AHistoricalAndTech
http://vho.org/GB/Books/ccm/